- Mars is the fourth planet from the sun and is the second smallest planet in the Solar System.
- Named after the Roman god of war, Mars is also often described as the Red Planet due to it
s reddish appearance.
- Mars is a terrestrial planet with a thin atmosphere composed primarily of carbon dioxide.
- Mars is a harsh, cold world. It is much colder than Earth; but then it is also further from the sun.
- The small, barren planet also has a thin atmosphere that is 95 percent carbon dioxide.
- Mars is an extremely cold planet with an average temperature around minus -80 degree.
- The surface gravity of Mars is only 37% of what you would find on Earth, which makes it possible for volcanoes to be ta
ller without collapsing.This is why we have Olympus Mons,the tallest volcano known on a planet in the Solar System.
- Many people on planet Earth have a vision of moving to Mars.
- To date, more and more experiments are being carried out to see if human beings can live on the red planet today.