Today I will be sharing with you some cool facts about dogs. Some people don’t like dogs and that is perfectly fine but I am one of the few who absolutely adore dogs and their different breeds. I have a dog called Caspar, he is a staffie (brown). I love him so much.
This is a staffie, as you can see they are adorable and very snugly.
Now I will move on to the facts.
- Dogs are very important and one of the most popular animals in the world (so are cats). In fact, they have been pets for thousands of years. This is because dogs have helped their owners in many different ways.
- Dogs help their owners in many different ways such as, being guard dogs and protecting their families, guide dogs who help people who can not see anymore and need escorting to where they need to be, dogs can also be pets and can be loved and cared for by people all over the world.
- Throughout the years, people have claimed and considered dogs to be a mans best friend, which is because men and dogs have a very close and special bond together. Also, they have helped men in so many ways.
- Dogs are mammals. Different types of breeds have unique skills such as running, jumping and walk on their toes.
This is an example of a dog walking on their back paws.
- A dogs sense of smell is up to a ten million times better than yours, depending on the breed. Dogs have between 125 to 300 million scent glands which humans only have five million.
- Dogs and cats slurp water the same way.
- Dogs sometimes bark then they recognise something is wrong.
- Dogs can breed to make babies (puppies).
- Dogs can live for up to 10 to 13 years.
I hope you enjoyed my article. Bye for now!