Here I will show you how to make my Grandmas’s Scotch Cake!
What you need:
- 250g of self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 100g butter
- 3-15ml milk
- 1 egg
- Jam (strawberry or raspberry)
- Desiccated Coconut (coconut bits)
- Icing Sugar
What to do:
- Heat oven to 350° gas (180° electric). While doing that, grease a baking tray with butter.
- Mix flour and salt together (in a food processor or in a bowl), then rub the butter in until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the caster sugar, mix into a stiff dough and add a touch of milk (small amount).
- Divide the pastry into 2 halves (cut it in half) then role or press the halves into a circle.
- Spread one half with jam (don’t put too much jam in!) and place the other on top then seal edges together. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minuets or until golden brown.
- To make the icing you add 2-3tbs (tablespoons) of cold water to 150g of icing sugar, mix till it is spreadable.
- When cool, spread with icing and add the coconut on top.