the things you will need to make bonfire toffee are:
900g light brown soft sugar
300ml of water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tar
150g unsalted butter
250g black treacle
150g golden syrup
An 18cm sandwich tin
The method to making bonfire toffee:
- grease and line an 18cm sandwich tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, add the sugar and water. Heat on medium until the sugar has dissolved but do not stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, stirring once, and bring to the boil.
- Whilst boiling, brush the inside edge of the pan with water to avoid crystals from forming ( the crystals will ruin the entire batch!)
- Using a sugar thermometer boil to the soft crack stage ( 132- 143 C ).
- Once your bonfire toffee is at the soft crack stage, remove from heat and carefully pour it into the prepared tin.
- Allow to cool slightly, then mark squares into the toffee with a greased knife.
- Let the bonfire toffee cool completely at room temperature then break into squares and keep it in an airtight container so it doesn’t get sticker so soon.
Hope you found this recipe useful if you try it make sure to ENJOY!!!!!