Makes: 12 buns
- 125g sugar
- 125g margarine
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 100g icing sugar
- decorations: sprinkles, icing (optional)
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Set your oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Put your sugar and margarine in a large mixing bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon or a electric hand mixer.
- Then fold in the flour and mix well and add your 2 eggs and mix together until creamy no lumps.
- When mixed put out 12 cases into a bun tray and equally put the mixture in the cases.
- Place the tray in the oven and leave for 10 to 15 minutes, or golden and crispy from the top. while it’s cooking get out a cooling rack.
- When cooked place on the cooling rack. Once the bun tray has cooled down, take out the buns and leave to cool.
- When they have cooled down, make your icing.
How to make icing:
- Put 100g of icing sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl, then get a jug of cold water and keep pouring in tiny drops of water and keep mixing, until a thick creamy paste, and if you want coloured icing add food colouring.
- Then add the decorations ; add the icing on the buns. Only one at a time because the icing sets really quick.
This is how they are supposed to be when finished:
To see some more enjoyable, easy recipes, click here