Salted Caramel Brownies
Things you will need
- 200g of unsalted butter, plus a little extra for the greasing
- 100g chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 100g chocolate (50% cocoa solids)
- 397g can carnation caramel
- 1 teaspoon flaky salt plus a little extra for the top
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs at room temperature
- 130g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- table salt
- 23cm square tin
- baking parchment
- medium pan
- small bowl
- large bowl
- medium bowl
1. First heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Then grease the tin with butter and line it up with baking parchment.
3. After that melt 200g of the unsalted butter into a medium pan, and break the chocolate into the pan. Now wait till the chocolate melts.
4. Next in a small bowl, mix 175g of the carnation caramel and leave the rest for later. Now add 1 teaspoon of salt.
5. Mix the rest of the caramel into a large bowl with 200g of golden caster sugar and 4 medium eggs, mix until even. After that mix in the butter and chocolate.
6. In another bowl, combine 130g plain flour, 50g cocoa powder and a good pinch of table salt then sift this on top of the chocolate mix. beat briefly until smooth.
7. Pour half of the brownie batter in to a tin a level it out with a spatula.
8. Using a teaspoon, spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in 5 thick evenly spaced stripes.
9. Spoon the rest of the brownie batter on top trying not to ruin the caramel beneath top with the rest of the caramel in the same stripy design.
10. Now scatter with some more sea salt, bake for 25-30 minuets or until risen all the way to the middle with a firm crust on top.
11. Next take it out of the oven, let it cool completely in the tin then cut it into squares.
Hope you enjoy your salted caramel brownies…