Here’s a great recipe for toffee apples.
- 8 small red skinned apples (make sure they are juicy).
- 300g caster sugar.
- 150ml water.
- 2 tbsp golden syrup.
- 8 lollipop sticks.
- Sprinkles or desiccated coconut.
How to make.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples and push a lolly-pop stick or skewer into the stalk end of each apple.
- Put the sugar, water and golden syrup into a saucepan and place on a low heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn up the heat and allow the toffee to simmer until it turns an amber colour.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the lemon juice – be very careful as it may splash and spit as the juice is poured in.
- Dip each apple in the toffee so they are covered evenly.
- Allow to cool for a few seconds and then dip the base of the apple in the sprinkles or desiccated coconut
- Put on baking parchment to cool and set.