As you probably know J.K.Rowling is an author known throughout the world for writing the Harry Potter series. She is also my favourite author as she always sets the scene and has beautiful imagination in the way she describes the characters. So I am going to tell you some facts about J.K.Rowling you may not know about. Do let’s begin!
- The K in J.K. is the initial of her grandmothers name – Kathleen. Rowling actually has no middle name of her own. The young wizard Harry Potter shares the same birthday as J.K.Rowling; 31st July. J.K.Rowling says she snuck in her birthday as a reference for people to spot.
- Rowling said she based the character of Hermionie Granger on her 11 year old self. Smart and knowledgeable.
- She’s a big fan of the famous block building video game, Minecraft, which she plays with her son David.
- During her late twenties, including a failed marriage and struggling as an single Mum, Rowling went through a period of clinical depression. Her experience with this inspired her descriptions of the soul sucking Dementors which are introduced in the third Harry Potter novel.
- Her net worth is estimated to be around $1 billion. In 2004 Forbes magazine declared her the first person to become a U.S dollar billionaire primarily through her book writing.
- J.K. Rowling’s parents actually met on a train from Kings cross. Potter fans will recognise Kings Cross as the magical gateway to the wizarding world.
- J.K.Rowling wrote most of the first Harry Potter novel in a cafe in Edinburgh!
Before you leave, here is a short trailer from Harry Potter Philosophers stone Enjoy! Oh and before you get started watching then trailer you could ask your parents for a bag of popcorn and some kind of drink. You could skip this stage if you would like to!
Anyways let’s get watching!
Thank you for reading my article I hope you enjoyed these facts! So see you later Buh bye!