How many breeds of dogs are there
There are more than 300 dog breeds, divided into 8 classes: sporting, hound, working, terrier, toy, non-sporting, miscellaneous, and herding. According to a recent survey , the most popular name for a dog is Max. Other popular names include Molly, Sam, Zach and Maggie.
At the moment there are more than 300 dog breeds recognised by the Federation Cynologique Internationale,which consists of 84 kennel clubs from 84 countries found all around the world. However, it is important to note that different organisations have different standards for dog breed recognition, meaning that some of them have other opinions on the matter. Regardless, what is clear is that there is a wide range of dog breeds in the world, which raises the question of how that situation came to be.
Dogs should get three 20 minute walks a day, and should be fed twice, once in the morning, and once in the evening.If parents want to get a dog, or any animal for life, they should first get one for a few weeks, and see if they definetly want to get an an animal.
15 awesome facts about dogs
- You can lower your blood pressure just by petting your pup!
- Corgi is Welsh for dwarf dog.
- The reason that dogs curl up is because of an age – old instinct to keep them selves warm and to protect vital organs while they sleep.
- Dogs have wet noses because it helps absorb, scent chemicals.
- If you leave a dog a piece of clothing that smells like you, the scent will comfort them and it can help curb their separation anxiety.
- The Basenji is the only dog that can’t bark but they can yodel.
- When dogs poo, they prefer to do it in alignment with the earth’s magnetic field.
- Dogs’ sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than humans’ sense of smell.
- The Norwegian Lundehund is the only dog that has six toes on each foot.
- A dog named Duke is the mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota.
- Labradors are the most popular breed in the United States.
- In a study done by scholars at the University of California, it was found that dogs can get jealous if they see their owners displaying affection toward something or someone else.
- Dogs don’t ONLY see in black and white they can also see in blue and yellow!
- Dogs can be trained to detect changes in the human body. There are even seizure alert dogs that assist patients during the onset of a seizure.
- There are also diabetic alert dogs who signal their owner when they pick up on special scent that is released when their owners insulin levels drop.
It’s fun to have a pet
Cats and rabbits,
and hamsters and frogs,
snake and turtles
and gerbils and dogs,
fish that love to be all wet
Oh it’s fun to have a pet
Pets have needs, pets need care,
give them shelter and treat them fair!
Pets have needs, pets need you,
food and water and exercise too!
Ferrets and mice,
and parrots and bugs.
Lizards and crabs,
Horses you ride, now don’t forget
Oh it’s fun to have a pet!
Little ears soft as silk,
little teeth as white as milk.
Little noses cool and pink,
little eyes that blink and blink.
Little bodies round and fat,
little hearts that pit- a -pat.
Surely prettier puppies never been
were before nor can be ever seen!
Care for a friend
Help care for a friend,
find a home, help him mend.
Has a heart of gold,
has to move – he is told.
Find a place, a nice new home,
where people care – he can roam.
His eyes are lonely, can’t you see,
just want’s love , somewhere to be.
Holds no grudges, has a happy heart,
looking for a family, a brand new start.
Care for your friend, any way you can,
a helping hand, a ride in a van.
Just a warm wish, tossed his way,
may be all he needs to make his day.
Puppies and buddies,
licks and hugs,
soft and lovable,
just look at their mugs.
A smile on their face,
a twinkle in their eye,
they’re just so sweet,
no need to ask why.
Little wet kisses,
soft gentle nuzzles,
not very complicated,
like crossword puzzles.
They arrive with love,
and joy in their heart,
just want to share time,
not be apart.