- 225g grated, strong cheese such as Cheddar and Cheshire
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 level teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Shake pepper
- 4 tablespoons beer, Guinesss or milk (Guiness gives a stronger flavour)
- 4 slices of bread toasted on 1 side only
- Put the cheese, butter, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, flour and pepper into a saucepan.
- Mix will and then and add the beer, Guiness or milk to moisten. Do not make it to wet!!
- Stir over a gentle heat until all melt and when it is a thickish paste, stop stirring and swivel it around the saucepan, wgich it will do quite easily.
- Leave to cool a little and meanwhile toast the bread on one side only.
- Spread the rare bit over the untoasted side and brown under a hot grill.
- This mixture can be made and kept in the refrigerator for several days, if required. Sweet white wine can be used instead of beer and gives a good flavour.
English cheddar cheese on toast:
- English cheddar cheese
- 2 white or brown bread
- 240*c grill in the oven
- First, you put the bread into the toaster.
- Next, you get the oven tray, you put the toast onto the tray and put the cheese onto the toast.
- After that, you put the cheese into the 240*c grill oven for 3-5minutes.
- Lastly, you take out the cheese on toast. (Be careful, you should get an adult to help get out of the oven). You can leave it in your fridge, 1-2 weeks.
Cheese on toast:
- 2 slices of white or brown bread
- 4 slices of cheddar
Preparation: 5 minutes Cook: 5 minutes Ready to eat: 10 minutes
- Toast your bread in the toaster.
- Put the cheese onto the toast rack.
- The cheese will be melted.
- Then you put the cheese onto the toast carefully
- You could get a glass of water or juice.
I wrote these down because I made cheese on toast and it’s beautiful.