I have written an article about the solar system because I have been learning it in my class with my teacher.
- The sun is a star in the centre of the solar system.
- Light from the sun reaches the earth in around eight minutes.
- A solar eclipse occurs when the moon is between the sun and the earth.Mercury
- Mercury is the smallest planet in the solar system.
- Seen from earth, it appears to move around its orbiting about 116 days.
- Mercury is named after the roman god Mercury (the messenger god).
- Venus is the second planet to the sun.
- This planet is the hottest planet from the sun.
- It has no natural satellite.
- Earth is the third planet from the sun.
- Earth is the planet we live on.
- 2 thirds of the worlds surface is water.
- Mars Is known to be called the red planet
- Mars is the fourth planet from the sun
- Mars is names after the roman god of war.
- Jupiter is the 5th planet from the sun.
- Jupiter is the biggest planet of them all in this solar system.
- The big red spot is actually a storm.
- Saturn is the 6 planet from the sun.
- This planet is a gas planet
- Saturn has rings
- It was discovered by William Herschel on march 13th 1781.
- Uranus is the only planet who name was derived from a figure in greek mythology.
- Uranus has a ring to.]
- Neptune is the furthest planet from the sun.
- It is named after the roman god of the sea.
- It was first seen in1846 at Berlin.