- 250g of unsalted butter,softened.
- 250g caster suger.
- 250g self-raising flour.
- Pinch of salt.
- 4 medium eggs.
- 4 tablespoons of milk.
- Ice-cream scoop(Optional)
- 12 hole muffin or Yorkshire pudding tray
- Set the oven to 190C, gas 5.
- Tip the butter into a bowl and beat it until softened. Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a traditional-style ice-cream scoop, or spoon, to divide the mixture between all the paper cases.
- Place both muffin tins in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then swap over the position of the tins over and bake for a further 3-7 minutes, until both trays of cupcakes are a light golden colour.
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate with icing, buttercream or drizzled in chocolate